Nati Sports Heads Presents...

Nati Sports Heads Presents...
Caption This! Twitter & Facebook Contest

Monday, June 22, 2015

Interview with Brandon Chandler, Cincinnati Taxi

Brandon Chandler has lived in Cincinnati most of his life. He currently runs his own cab business in the city. He began driving for a company called Emerald Taxi three years ago. He left that company over a year ago and began his venture with Cincinnati Taxi. The company has quickly become one of the most popular cab companies in the Cincinnati area. The company sticks out amongst the other cab companies because Brandon makes it a priority to connect with his customers.

Danielle Jewell: What are your responsibilities, and which integrate marketing and business objectives for your organization and/or clients?

Brandon Chandler: I’m responsible for a little bit of everything. I take trips, schedule trips, communicate company information with other drivers. I do marketing for the company. The company has an app that makes it simple for customers to order their cab and track it. The advertising I do for the company is mostly by word of mouth. I advertise through Google as well. When I first started in the business, I went to hotels all over the city and dropped off business cards, and spoke with managers. Many hotels in the area contact our company when their customers need cabs.

Danielle Jewell: What methods of communications does your company use to reach the public and how are they effective?

Brandon Chandler: Well, mostly I communicate about my company directly to my customers. I speak to many people everyday, so this seems to be the most effective way to advertise. I just started advertising through Google, so I’m hoping to see a good response from that. We have also had good feedback from the app.

Danielle Jewell: What are some examples of communication strategies you have used to achieve success?

Brandon Chandler: It is too early to tell with Google and the app, but our company’s customer service has been the most successful communications strategy. I make it a priority that we keep our cars clean, and keep drivers who have good customer service skills. In the cab business, sometimes this is all you need to stick out. We do that, and then have the name Cincinnati Taxi with bright neon green cars. We stick out, in a good way.

Danielle Jewell: How has your public relations practice affected the reputation of your company?


Brandon Chandler: We have great public relations as a company. The cab business in Cincinnati does not have the best reputation. I hear complaints all the time about dirty cars and mean drivers. I want to make sure my company does not have that reputation. Keeping our cars clean and being decent to people isn’t difficult, so that has been one simple way to stand out and create positive public relations for the company.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Danielle Jewell for sharing your interview. This is nice and informative. We can get help about how to increase our customers. We metro airport cabs have a lot of experience in taxi field. We always care for the satisfaction of our customers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing nice and informative discussion. Our company Detroit metro taxi service provides all kind of transportation to our customers. Detroit airport taxi rates are low as compare with others.

    ReplyDelete